After 2 weeks of building, decorating , cleaning and creating the work the show build is finally over. After a few hiccups regarding the space I was given and several moves around at last minute I am quite satisfied with the final outcome. The first move was one out of necessity as I started with a very small wall but wanted to create a more immersive experience that would be able to surround you and direct you into the video documentation playing on a screen. The second (slight) move that was made one the day before the deadline was that to double my space. This was very much a exciting and encouraging move as I wouldn’t be sharing the space and I was able to create much more work on the walls and and fully make the space my own meaning I was able to reach my goal of a fully immersive sized show.
Here you can see a couple of the coloured bits used to show the work of collaboration with other people that I scalped out of vinyl compared to the sources material I used from my pervious performances.
Looking back if I had know about the size changes I would have laid out the work diffrently and started much earlier as I was only able to do small bits of the coulour on the walls due to late notice and a time consuming making process. Also I think that knowing I would be having a very large space the show I would have set up a section in the centre where people could sit and relax together, talk, listen to the music or just look at the work from the centre of the space.